Hemp & pea protein superfood bars (vegan, gluten free)
Altered from includingcake.com
Makes 10 bars
1/4 cup (80g) pepitas
1/2 cup (50g) shredded coconut
1/2 cup (40g) hemp seeds
¼ cup (50g) vanilla pea protein
2 tbs (15g) chia seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbs cacao powder
1 tbs maca powder
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbs melted coconut oil
3 tbs quinoa flakes
- Pulse the dry ingredients (other than oats/quinoa) together in a food processor so there are still coarse pieces remaining. Tip into a bowl.
- Blending the dates with the coconut oil and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and pulse to achieve a slightly crunchy sticky mixture.
- Mix through the oats/quinoa flakes.
- Press the mixture into the bottoms of a small loaf tin or form into balls.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before carefully slicing onto bars.
- Store the bars in the fridge.